Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bet Smart: Week 10

The problem with putting all the money from the pot in a single ang pow for good luck is that money will be prone to go missing. Somehow I managed to lose $10. It is inexcusable. What the hell. It means I have to manually feed in from my own pocket.

Last week was a disaster. Despite correctly predicting a Wigan upset, I still lost everything. A lousy deflected Man United goal, a single Cisse strike and Everton failing to score condemned the official pot to a sad $82. I expected a 3-0 rampage against Bolton but it ended up 5-1. But in this case I'm not complaining.

This week, after careful analysis, I've decided on the following bets to try and salvage some pride:

1. Birmingham has yet to win in their last few games despite several draws. Rather uninventive going forward. A draw is favourable but I'm going to be brave. So based on absolutely nothing at all, I will place a $5 on a 2-1 Rovers win (7.50).

2. Aston Villa has won enough in my opinion. Wigan is beginning to find some form but they will fall into mid-table mediocrity soon. Plus both will feature in the Carling Cup matches in a few days time so a $5 draw (3.00) is likely to provide some returns.

2. Spurs has no Carling Cup game in mid-week. Man United lost Giggs to some foul play in Europe. Roy Keane has given up (so has Henry). Spurs are finding form but Man United still has Silvestre to save Ferdinand's ass everytime. Plus 2 Koreans fighting it out should be entertaining. So it will be $5 each on a draw (3.33) and a 1-1 outcome ($7.20). The 1-2 scoreline is at a tempting 1:16. If I find $5 on the floor later I will bet on this.

I need a new place to store my winnings. I will visit Daiso in IMM soon to kio some cheap containers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home