Saturday, October 29, 2005

Bet Smart: Week 11

A brilliant bet on both a 1-1 scoreline and a draw on the Man United game last week saw a huge payout and boosted my capital to $114.50. Chelsea drew with Everton and lost to Charlton in the Carling Cup thus completing a truly moody week for me. A win against Rovers this week would definitely cheer me up.

This week Newcastle is level ball (again!) against West Brom. I think however this round they will overcome the odds. But I detest Newcastle entirely because of Souness. And I can't wait to see them get relegated together with Liverpool.

Feeling chirpy after the windfall last week, I would be so bold as to predict a 1-2 (13.00) Fulham away win against Wigan. At 13/1 it is too tempting to ignore. This bet would be $10. Wigan has won enough. The fairytale of being at the top half of the table for a newly promoted team will end soon and it will begin this week.

Boring boring Arsenal is without Henry. And probably has to rely on a penalty to get any points. Spurs will park a goddamn bus in front of goal so a sensible bet would be $5 on a draw (3.08) My gut tells me Arsenal will win it though. And the goal will come from Bergkamp.

Rovers will suffer a backlash from Chelsea. Makelele returns with Del Horno so losing is out of the question. I think a 1-0 win would do but feeling overly-adventurous I will go for a $5 bet on a 2-1 (8.50) win. And Drogba to score and assist (ie. fall over easily and kio free kicks).

Am I insane? Well I'm $14.50 above my original capital and I have every right to be.

Liverpool sucks. And this time it is real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home